Honda provides its cruiser motorcycles the first-class model with the start of its blacked-out Honda Shadow Phantom. Honda has caught its Spirit and cut its front fender, beefed up its fork with large-diameter matte-finished shrouds, pitched black covers on the air filter and primary, petted on a thicker front tire and appended on a set of new spoked wheels. Matte polishes on the tank-mounted console and cylinder heads, also, the fork coverings complement the bare-bones appearances.
“We have a new cruiser that offers a whole new look for Honda,” said Honda Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino.
The Honda Shadow Phantom also receives modernized induction, making the switch from being carb-fed to EFI. The 745cc liquid-cooled V-Twin will now get its power from Honda’s Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) system with an automatic enhancement circuit that utilizes one 34mm throttle body.
The Shadow Phantom presents on a minimalist idea with a uniquely fresh and uncluttered aspect accented by a great blackout treatment, bringing motorcyclists back to the core essence of cool. With a torquey 745cc V-twin engine featuring the convenience of sophisticated Programmed Fuel Injection, the Shadow Phantom brings the joy of back-to-basics riding within reach of just about every rider.
* New bobber-inspired styling with extensive blacked-out and matte finishes.
* Minimalist front fender.
* New handlebar shape enhances bobber styling.
* Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) for good throttle response and fuel efficiency (see 2009 Technology Section).
* New spoked black wheels and hubs feature a 120/90-17 front tire and 160/80-15 rear tire to complete the overall custom look.
* Low 25.6-inch seat height.
* Sleek, one-piece gunfighter-type seat.
* Tank-mounted speedometer in a stylish 3.7-gallon fuel tank.
* Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
* 745cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a broad rpm range.
* Crankshaft features long-stroke design to produce a strong V-twin feel and low-rpm torque peak.
* Three-Valve Dual-Plug Combustion Chamber (see 2009 Technology Section).
* Wide-ratio five-speed transmission.
* Sturdy and responsive 41mm front fork features large-diameter matte-finished shrouds and large billet-aluminum triple-clamp for a distinctive look. Delivers confident, neutral handling.
* Dual-shock rear suspension features five-position spring preload adjustability for a smooth ride.
* Single front disc brake with twin-piston caliper grips a 296mm drilled rotor between sintered metal pads.
* Shaft final-drive system provides smooth and reliable low-maintenance operation.
Honda Genuine Accessories
* Backrest with Pad (two styles: Tall and Low), Rear Carrier, Backrest/Carrier, Boulevard Screen, Custom Leather Seat, Solo Rider Rear Carrier, Cycle Cover, Front Pouch, Synthetic Leather Saddlebags.
American Honda Motor Company's Powersports Division announced today the release of the much-anticipated 2010 VFR1200F. "This is one of the most exciting motorcycles in Honda's...read more
This is Chapter 2 of "20 most legendary motorcycles" article. We collected iconic motorcycles, which represent a balance between the motorcycles that have marked a milestone in...read more
The new Honda CB-F Concept, whose presentation was scheduled at the 2020 Tokyo Motor Show, which was blown up by the Covid-19 pandemic, was revealed in video streaming. The...read more
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI), Honda's wholly-owned motorcycle production and sales subsidiary in India, today introduced a new fuel-efficient and easy-to-...read more
Some motorcycles are mythical. That's why we offer a selection of 20 most legendary motorcycles that unleash the passions. 150 years ago the first motorcycle was born. Since 1868...read more