Earlier this year, Chevrolet announced the return of the Corvette Grand Sport model. It's a track-oriented Corvette with wider wheels and tires, special suspension tuning and unique exterior details. The Corvette Grand Sport achieves a 0-60 time of less than four seconds, pulls 1.0 g on the skidpad and still boasts an EPA-rated highway fuel economy 26 mpg.
The version displayed at SEMA introduces a host of Grand Sport accessories that will be offered in 2010. It is a standard Grand Sports convertible equipped with the Heritage Package, but in a new Cyber Grey exterior color, with forthcoming accessories that include:
* Mesh inserts for the front fender vents
* ZR1-style front splitter and rear spoiler (painted satin black)
* ZR1-style rocker extensions and wheel spats (painted satin black)
* Body-color door handles and license plate frame
* Tinted dark chrome fender badges
* “Tech” pattern engine cover with red lettering inserts
* Grand Sport-logo hood blanket
* Grand Sport-logo floor mats and leather console cover
* Red stitched shifter knob/boot and red parking brake boot
* “Tech” pattern interior trim kit
* PAL iPod connector
* Convertible wind screen
* Racing-style pedal covers
* Interior storage pouches
The Grand Sport accessories are expected to go on sale in early 2010. They're available through any Chevrolet or other authorized GM dealer.
Glories of yesteryear were conceived when General Motors licensed a Californian specialist sports car partnership in early 2009 to resume production of the iconic ...
Cannes, May 2009 - Last year's Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance in California was the setting for the very first public presentation of the new Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport....
Mercedes-Benz presents the new GL-Class "Grand Edition", a visually expressive and elegant off-roader. This distinctive, new special edition of the off-...
Good news for classic car collectors worldwide. The only Chevrolet Corvette modified by Pininfarina, the legendary Corvette Rondine Concept, will be auctioned at the end of August...
When you say performance you say Corvette. You can define Corvette in a single word: "style" in automotive design. Chevrolet introduced the Corvette C1...