Replacing the oil and oil filter in your bike are very important tasks, and are central to any service. What many people don’t know is that the job can be done quite easily from home, even with limited tools, for a fraction of the price of having it done at a mechanic.
- Drive the bike for a couple of minutes just to make sure the oil is flowing.
- Allow the engine too cool down so that you can work on it.
- Make sure the bike is on its stand securely.
- Remove any necessary fairings and locate the oil drain cap.
- Place a large bowl underneath the drain.
- Unscrew the cap and catch the oil, being aware that it may be hot.
- Once the oil has drained, reattach the cap.
- Locate the filter and move the bowl underneath.
- Use a wrench to remove the old filter.
- Attach the new oil filter to the tightness recommended by the manufacturer.
- Fill a measuring jug with the correct amount and type of oil.
- Unscrew the filler cap, and pour in the oil.
- Wipe the area clean and replace the filler cap.
While the fairings are off, you should run the bike just to make sure there aren’t any leaks. Chinese Motorcycle Parts Online provides a great catalogue of products for a great range of bikes, including oil filters. You can save yourself a considerable amount of money by changing your oil yourself.
At the Piaggio Museum in Pontedera Vespa celebrated the birthday of the Club born in 1949. Passione Vespa, a highly successful Italian icon, love that led to the creation and...read more
American Honda Motor Company's Powersports Division announced today the release of the much-anticipated 2010 VFR1200F. "This is one of the most exciting motorcycles in Honda's...read more
This is Chapter 2 of "20 most legendary motorcycles" article. We collected iconic motorcycles, which represent a balance between the motorcycles that have marked a milestone in...read more
Learning to ride a motorbike is one of those things that many people wish to do but never get around to it. Often, people are put off by the complexity of modern motorbike licensing rules, which...read more
Ducati launches the new Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour, the bike coming in 2020 that was designed to offer maximum comfort to those who love to travel long distances on two...read more
Honda provides its cruiser motorcycles the first-class model with the start of its blacked-out Honda Shadow Phantom. Honda has caught its Spirit and cut its front fender, beefed up...read more