The McLaren GTS is the latest addition to the British automaker’s Sports Series lineup. It is a supercar that combines high performance with everyday usability. The GTS stands for Grand Touring Sport, and it is designed to offer a more comfortable and refined driving experience than the other models in the series, such as the 570S and the 600LT.
What Makes the McLaren GTS Different?
The McLaren GTS is based on the same carbon fiber chassis and twin-turbocharged V8 engine as the other Sports Series models, but it has some distinctive features that set it apart. Some of these features are:
- A new adaptive suspension system that adjusts the damping and ride height according to the driving mode and road conditions. The system also lowers the car by 10 mm when parked, giving it a more aggressive stance.
- A new electronic stability control system that allows the driver to choose between three levels of intervention: Comfort, Sport, and Track. The system also features a Variable Drift Control mode that lets the driver adjust the amount of oversteer and slide the car with more precision.
- A new exhaust system that produces a louder and more distinctive sound than the other Sports Series models. The system also features a Quiet Start mode that reduces the noise level when starting the car in urban areas or early in the morning.
- A new design language that gives the car a more elegant and sophisticated look than the other Sports Series models. The car features a revised front bumper with larger air intakes, a new rear diffuser with integrated exhaust tips, and a retractable rear spoiler that improves aerodynamics and downforce.
- A new interior layout that offers more space and comfort than the other Sports Series models. The car features more storage compartments, more legroom, and more headroom than the other Sports Series models. The car also features a new infotainment system with a 10.1-inch touchscreen, a new digital instrument cluster with a 12.3-inch display, and a new sound system with 12 speakers and 600 watts of power.
How Does the McLaren GTS Perform?
The 2024 McLaren GTS is not only a more comfortable and refined supercar but also a very fast and agile one. The car has the following performance specifications:
- A 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine that produces 620 horsepower and 465 pound-feet of torque. The engine is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission that sends power to the rear wheels.
- A 0-60 mph acceleration time of 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 204 mph. The car also has a quarter-mile time of 10.9 seconds and a braking distance of 100 feet from 60 mph.
- A curb weight of 3,384 pounds and a power-to-weight ratio of 5.5 pounds per horsepower. The car also has a drag coefficient of 0.36 and a downforce of 176 pounds at 155 mph.
- A fuel economy of 15 mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway. The car also has a carbon dioxide emission of 249 grams per kilometer and a fuel tank capacity of 19 gallons.
How Much Does the McLaren GTS Cost?
The McLaren GTS is not a cheap supercar, but it is more affordable than some of the other models in the McLaren range, such as the McLaren 765LT and the McLaren GT. The car has the following pricing and availability details:
- A base price of $230,000 in the US and £163,000 in the UK. The car also has a destination charge of $2,500 in the US and £1,800 in the UK.
- A launch date of late 2023 in the US and early 2024 in the UK. The car also has a limited production run of 1,000 units worldwide.
- A range of options can increase the price of the car by up to $50,000. Some of the options are carbon fiber exterior and interior packages, sports exhaust systems, ceramic brakes, lightweight wheels, premium leather seats, carbon fiber racing seats, and Bowers & Wilkins sound system.
Is the McLaren GTS Worth It?
The McLaren GTS is a supercar that offers a unique combination of performance, comfort, and style. It is a car that can be driven on the track, on the road, and in the city. It is a car that can satisfy the needs and desires of different types of drivers. It is a car that can be considered as a practical supercar.
The McLaren GTS is not a perfect car, however. It has some drawbacks and limitations that should be considered before buying it. Some of these drawbacks and limitations are:
- A high price tag that makes it inaccessible to many potential buyers. The car also has a high maintenance cost and a high insurance cost that add to its overall expense.
- A limited availability makes it hard to find and buy. The car also has a limited warranty and a limited service network that make it difficult to repair and maintain.
- A lack of practicality makes it unsuitable for some situations and occasions. The car also has a lack of versatility and a lack of customization that makes it less appealing to some drivers.
The 2024 McLaren GTS is a supercar that has many strengths and weaknesses. It is a car that can be loved or hated, depending on the preferences and expectations of the driver. It is a car that can be seen as a dream car or a nightmare car.
The McLaren GTS is a supercar worth considering, but not without doing research and comparison. It is a car that is worth buying, but not without weighing the pros and cons. It is a car that is worth driving, but not without being prepared and cautious. It is a car that is worth it, but not for everyone. @via McLaren.
The Milano Monza Open-Air Motor Show 2023, held from June 16th to June 18th, witnessed the convergence of American icons on the track. Enthusiasts worldwide flocked to the Autodromo Nazionale di...read more
Aston Martin has a long and illustrious history of producing some of the most beautiful and desirable grand tourers in the world. From the iconic DB5 that starred in...read more
McLaren returns to spotlights thanks to a new hypercar. Called the McLaren Saber, this new ultra-high performance car is presented as the fastest two-seater model from...read more
Five cylinders, plenty of power with four wheel drive – that was the original "ur-Quattro”, a sports coupe which caused a furore around 30 years ago and is also one of the highlights of the 50-year...read more
The Lotus Type 72 was driven by such Lotus greats as Jochen Rindt, Emerson Fittipaldi, Ronnie Peterson and Jacky Ickx and won three Formula One Constructors’ Championships (1970,...read more
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray Convertible was revealed at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show. The Corvette Stingray has approximately 450 horsepower (335 kW) and 450 lb.-ft. of torque (610 Nm), it is the...read more
The core of the new BMW M5 is the well-known 4.4-liter V8 engine using BMW M TwinPower Turbo technology which offers 600 hp in the standard version and 625...read more
At the headquarters of the Alfa Romeo F1 Team in Hinwil, Alfa Romeo showed off the Estrema special editions of its cars. The "Estrema" models are the world's first...read more
In the 1960s and 1970s, muscle cars were the epitome of American automotive culture. With their big engines, loud exhausts, and flashy designs, these powerful vehicles...read more