The winter is almost here so is your car ready for it? Here are some tips on checking your car and some vital emergency supplies.
It's very important to have winter tires because these tires are made especially for ice and snow. Also check your spare tire to be in perfect order. Check the wiper blades and replace them if they are worn or damaged. Test your car battery and purchase a new one if needed. Make sure headlights, fog lights, all lights for that matter are working properly; it will be a good idea to have replacement light bulbs in your car. Get your car’s coolant system checked by a professional. Extreme low temperatures can cause cracks in your car’s radiator, so add at least 50% antifreeze into the water cooling system.
Emergency supplies in winter:
- blankets and extra winter clothes are the most essential things you can have in your car with you.
- dried foods, bottled water, energy bars, chocolate to replenish your energy if you get stuck in a blizzard, you should know that eating snow can be dangerous.
- a spare charged cell phone will allow you to call 9-1-1 in a second and ask for help.
- a first aid kit it's vital if someone is injured in an accident; you should know how to use it.
- a wind-up radio will inform you about weather conditions and the state of roads.
- jumper cables, tire repair kit, road flares, a flashlight with extra batteries and a shovel.
Winters are getting tougher and every year there’s more news about people stuck with their cars in heavy snow. The best you can do is to prepare instead of betting on luck.
Some simple tips for you to get home safe in the winter: • If you hit a glossy area of ice or snow, pump your brakes and turn the steering wheel in the same direction the car is skidding in. For...read more
The "Dont' drink and drive" Lotus print ads were launched during the spring festival in China. Lotus wanted to launch a series of print ads to remind people how serious...read more
Winter can be really tough on your car, especially when there’s a lot of ice and snow around. You really need to take care of your car around this time of year, to prevent problems when it comes to...read more
Your Toyota is a major investment and regular maintenance will help you get the most out of your car, protecting that investment. Taking care of your car will increase its longevity and help you...read more
Portable power units are needed for an almost endless amount of jobs. They are used on construction sites very frequently, among other places. Because of this, the people and companies that use them...read more