Winter can be really tough on your car, especially when there’s a lot of ice and snow around. You really need to take care of your car around this time of year, to prevent problems when it comes to spring. Here are a few things to do:
- Keep the washer jets topped up, and use more concentrated wash. If you keep making the jet pump work when the fluid is frozen, you risk burning out the motor.
- Make sure your tyres have adequate tread. This time of year is more slippery than usual, so you need all the traction you can get.
- Check your bulbs. With the night longer, and a higher chance of fog, you need to ensure your lights are working properly.
- Clean underneath the car. Grit and snow will help to corrode the underside of the vehicle, so wash it every now and again. Use a proper jack like you can get from SGS Engineering rather than the weak one that comes in your tyre well.
- Make sure that your wiper blades are in good condition.