Winter can be really tough on your car, especially when there’s a lot of ice and snow around. You really need to take care of your car around this time of year, to prevent problems when it comes to spring. Here are a few things to do:
- Keep the washer jets topped up, and use more concentrated wash. If you keep making the jet pump work when the fluid is frozen, you risk burning out the motor.
- Make sure your tyres have adequate tread. This time of year is more slippery than usual, so you need all the traction you can get.
- Check your bulbs. With the night longer, and a higher chance of fog, you need to ensure your lights are working properly.
- Clean underneath the car. Grit and snow will help to corrode the underside of the vehicle, so wash it every now and again. Use a proper jack like you can get from SGS Engineering rather than the weak one that comes in your tyre well.
- Make sure that your wiper blades are in good condition.
The winter is almost here so is your car ready for it? Here are some tips on checking your car and some vital emergency supplies.It's very important to have winter tires...read more
Considering purchasing a second-hand vehicle? Before you fork up the money, read these useful car buying tips to ensure you're receiving what you pay for. A few reminders:When working on a car, all...read more
The throttle body is the part of your car that directs air into the fuel system to allow combustion to occur. It is an important component, because if it isn’t functioning correctly, it will inhibit...read more
Powered by the new Mitsubishi Plug-in Hybrid System, which significantly extends the frequency a hybrid vehicle is driven in EV mode, the Mitsubishi Concept-PX* MiEV returns fuel economy in excess of...read more
We do not see this every day ... a Lamborghini Huracan worth about 300,000 euros has been abandoned in a ditch after an accident. The car belongs to a wealthy investor specialized...read more