The new Peugeot 5008 SUV is the largest model in Peugeot's SUV segment and offers space for up to seven people.
A new wide grille covers the front together with new LED headlights, which creates a modern and powerful expression. The hood is adorned with the model's monogram to emphasize Peugeot's DNA and the connection to siblings such as the Peugeot 208 and Peugeot 508.
The Peugeot 5008 offers an extra personality and modernity with a redesigned front grille, new Full LED rear light blocks, new body shades and a new "Black Pack" option at the GT and GT Pack levels.. The new Peugeot 5008 SUV will be available in three equipment levels with the option to upgrade each to a higher Pack level with additional custom features. The new LED headlights have been redesigned for a more aggressive look.
From the rear, the new Peugeot 5008 SUV has been fitted with 3D LED lights. The tail lights are located on each side of the black strip that runs over the tailgate and emphasizes the width and space of the SUV.
The new Peugeot 5008 SUV comes with the new version of Peugeot i-Cockpit, which includes a three-dimensional display above the steering wheel and a 10-inch touch screen in the center console that gives the driver access to the car's functions; 12.3-inch digital instrument panel, fully customizable and configurable, with digital display with "Normally Black" technology.
The “Night Vision” system gives the driver a picture of the surroundings up to 200–250 meters in front of the car during the night and warns if pedestrians or animals are detected in the involved area.
The new Peugeot 5008 SUV comes with a 1.2L three-cylinder PureTech petrol engine (130 hp), or a 1.6L four-cylinder (180 hp). For the four-cylinder BlueHDi diesel engines, there is either 1.5L (130 hp) or 2.0L (180 hp). The manual transmission BMV6 is available on the petrol and diesel engines with 130 hp, while Peugeot's 8-speed EAT8 automatic transmission is for all other engine versions.
Peugeot 5008 technologies:
- The Night Vision system
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go function (in combination with EAT8 automatic transmission).
- The Lane Position Assist system (combined with Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go function)
- Automatic emergency braking (detects pedestrians and cyclists during the day and at night, at speeds between 5 km / h and 140 km / h, depending on the version) with collision warning
- Adaptive Cruise Control in combination with the manual gearbox
- Park Assist
- Recognition of road signs
- Advanced Grip Control, improved traction control with 4 driving modes (Normal, Snow, Mud, Sand)
The new Peugeot 5008 SUV will be launched in Europe at the end of 2020. It is manufactured in France, Sochaux and Rennes.