Renault Zoe ZE Concept is evidence that an all-electric zero-emission vehicle can also boast smart, appealing looks. Zoe ZE Concept features technology aimed at extending its range and enhancing the travelling comfort of all occupants. Renault Zoe ZE Concept is a compact, versatile daily driver which represents a new way of experiencing mobility.
AN ECONOMICAL AND ECOLOGICAL SOLUTION
Zoe ZE Concept targets motorists who own more than one car and who are looking for a compact, versatile vehicle capable of meeting their varied day-to-day needs, such as the school or work run, or shopping trips.
Renault Zoe ZE Concept is an all-electric, zero-emission vehicle which reconciles motoring with the environmental aspirations of customers looking for a vehicle with the best possible ecological footprint.
Zoe ZE Concept invites its occupants to enjoy familiar pleasures.
Using cutting-edge electric-vehicle technology, Renault Zoe ZE Concept is proof that a zero-emission vehicle can also possess a dynamic, edgy, attractive design which immediately points to driving enjoyment. Aerodynamics have a significant influence on the performance of a zero-emission vehicle and, in the case of the Zoe ZE Concept project, the overriding concerns regarding design were elegance and efficiency.
Renault Zoe ZE Concept is just 4.10m long and is powered by a 70kW electric motor which develops 226Nm of torque. It is easy to imagine the vehicle making its way silently through traffic in built-up areas. The large 21-inch wheels and large body panels are reassuring touches that give the four occupants complete peace of mind when travelling out of town.
At the rear, a retractable spoiler deploys at speeds in excess of 90kph to make a further contribution to Zoe ZE Concept's aerodynamic efficiency. This LED-equipped spoiler also serves as a brake light, as does the integrated light in the shark's fin-type aerial on the roof.
The exterior design of Renault Zoe ZE Concept incorporates technologies aimed at reasserting its 'zero-emission' credentials:
· The roof has been designed as an intelligent protective membrane that insulates the occupants from heat and cold, as well as optimizing climate control performance by recovering energy via its honeycomb photovoltaic cells.· At front and rear, a shield of polyurethane gel protects the lights which feature energy-efficient electroluminescent diodes that emit a blue-tinted light. This second skin protects vulnerable components from small knocks in town, while underlining this electric concept car's hi-tech feel.· The air intakes situated either side of the car channel airflow to cool the batteries. The air is extracted through two large rear channels through which it is possible to glimpse the streamlined suspension arms.· Rearward vision is handled by two small, profiled, energy-efficient cameras which transmit images to the interior rear view mirror, giving the driver perfect visibility without blind spots.· The front features scissor doors, while rear access is through butterfly-style doors. The clever and original design of the rear doors means they also double up as openings for the boot, allowing carrying space to be accessed from the side, from the pavement, for example.
AN INTERIOR DESIGNED TO PROFIT FULLY FROM THE SILENT RIDE
The form of the front seat cushions resembles that of an asymmetric pebble, while the seatbacks are attached to the roof. At the rear, the seats can be folded flat with a view to obtaining additional carrying capacity.
The dashboard contributes to the interior's uncluttered feel. It is covered with an intelligent, minerallike membrane and the lightest of touches calls up a range of touchscreen controls. The wide TFT (Thin Film Transistor) screen is housed in a glass bubble. This is the central information point for Zoe ZE Concept and serves to display navigation data, the charge indicator and remaining range, as well as a pallet of coloured mood lighting options which enable the interior ambiance to be customized. This mood lighting can also be selected automatically via a sensor in the seat which will tone the lighting to match the colours of the driver's clothes.
Information is presented by an avatar that appears on the TFT screen, creating a link between the driver and the technology thanks to short messages. The avatar can be personalized (male, female, downloadable from the internet), and provides information about traffic conditions, the route and remaining range. It can also indicate the nearest charging points. This way of humanizing the technology makes it more accessible and creates a relationship with the driver to ensure that journeys are as pleasant as possible.
The hands-free keycard can be personalized, too, by fixing a chip to an object of the customer's choosing to enable automatic door locking and ignition.
Finally, the climate control system does much more than simply adjusts the temperature. It also enhances the travelling experience thanks to an innovative triple-function system:
· Hydrating function. In contrast to conventional climate control systems, which can tend to dry out the air, small dashboard-mounted vaporizers spray an exclusive active substance to rehydrate the skin and exude a sensation of wellbeing.· 'Detox' function. A toxicity sensor monitors air quality and shuts off the airvents if required. Then, in addition to extracting harmful substances, the cabin filters deliver others which benefit the skin.· Active scent function. An electric system exhales essential oils suited to the mood of the moment: something mellow for a relaxing drive home, perhaps, or the need to stimulate concentration when driving at night.
This triple-function system has been developed in association with Biotherm®, the skin biology brand of L'Oréal's Luxury Products Division.
After a journey in Renault Zoe ZE Concept, occupants will feel more relaxed, just like after a spa treatment.
THREE BATTERY-CHARGING TECHNIQUES
The driver has three options when it comes to 'filling up' on energy:
· A standard charge: takes between four and eight hours, via a charging socket situated on the outside of the vehicle.
· A quick charge: in 20 minutes, using the same socket at specific charging points.
· The exclusive 'Quickdrop' system: three minutes at a rapid battery exchange station.
The Frankfurt Motor Show marks the debut of the revolutionary new Volkswagen L1 Concept – a diesel-electric hybrid vehicle constructed from aluminium and...
In the course of its history, BMW has repeatedly provided impulses for the further development of personal mobility through innovative vehicle and drive concepts. Last year's...
Renault Fluence ZE Concept is a statement of Renault's intention to produce a range of zero emission vehicles that meet the needs of all types of customer. ...
LAMPO2 is an even more energy efficient successor to the LAMPO demonstration vehicle presented in 2009. Weight, aerodynamics and the efficiency of individual components of the...
Renault has provided a first glimpse of its latest concept car, DeZir, ahead of this year's Paris Motor Show. DeZir stands out as an illustration of the brand's commitment to...
Mercedes-Benz is launching its first series-produced fuel cell car on the road: the B Class F-CELL. The environmentally friendly electric car...